One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These veins are very thin walled and distensible.’
- ‘The thicker and less distensible the arteries are, the greater the load on the heart.’
- ‘It has an immense bill, and in breeding season its distensible gular pouch is olive to red.’
- ‘Younger people have a highly distensible aorta, which expands during systole and minimises any subsequent rise in blood pressure.’
- ‘Krachie and company are arguing, essentially, that a belly of fat is more compressive than skin and muscle are distensible.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.