One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They fled a social order they found distastefully materialistic, patriarchal, and violent.’
- ‘‘Well, I wouldn't be interested in bungee jumping,’ she says distastefully, without hesitation.’
- ‘She comes from what she rather distastefully refers to as the ‘owning-classes’.’
- ‘I gawked at her in her evening gown and all of the champagne-sippers looked at my jeans/shirt combo distastefully.’
- ‘He could be distastefully off-hand when actually presented with the people he campaigned for, evidently happier to treat them as causes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.