One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to be dissolved, loosened, or disconnected.‘permitting divorce would render every marriage dissoluble’
- ‘In the absence of consummation, the union was questionable at best and easily dissoluble without debasing the sacrament of marriage.’
- ‘It is also working on a niche segment of taste-masked PFIs of various APIs, which can be compressed into palatable quick - dissoluble tablets, mainly, for pediatric and geriatric segments.’
- ‘The dissoluble electrode is formed by a central layer having outer layers disposed on either plane side thereof.’
- ‘When my wife and I went in for the requisite premarital investigation, the pastor asked each of us if we realized that our impending marriage was dissoluble only upon death.’
- ‘Toni assures everyone that this ‘Niagara’ is not eternal but dissoluble.’
- ‘The five other types of marriages that are dissoluble are as follows.’
Mid 16th century: from Latin dissolubilis, from the verb dissolvere (see dissolve).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.