Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Difference; variance.‘the similarity or dissimilarity between humans and other animals’
difference, differences, dissimilitude, variance, variation, diversity, heterogeneity, disparateness, disparity, distinctness, distinction, contrast, non-uniformity, incomparability, incongruity, polarityView synonyms
- ‘History paints a vivid picture of disparity and dissimilarity between Emerson, Thoreau and Whitman.’
- ‘There were of course also many points of dissimilarity between them.’
- ‘While the language surrounding the two programs may differ, the dissimilarities end there.’
- ‘Somehow, her physical dissimilarity was easier to understand.’
- ‘However, there are some troubling dissimilarities.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.