Difference; variance.‘the similarity or dissimilarity between humans and other animals’
dissimilitude, variance, variation, diversity, heterogeneity, disparateness, disparity, distinctness, distinction, contrast, non-uniformity, incomparability, incongruity, polaritydivergence, deviationunrelatedness, inconsistency, discrepancyunlikenessView synonyms
- ‘However, there are some troubling dissimilarities.’
- ‘History paints a vivid picture of disparity and dissimilarity between Emerson, Thoreau and Whitman.’
- ‘Somehow, her physical dissimilarity was easier to understand.’
- ‘While the language surrounding the two programs may differ, the dissimilarities end there.’
- ‘There were of course also many points of dissimilarity between them.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.