The act of spreading something, especially information, widely; circulation.‘dissemination of public information’
spreading, circulation, distribution, dispersal, diffusionproclamation, promulgation, propagation, publicizing, communication, passing on, making known, putting aboutdissipation, scatteringbroadcasting, relaying, transmission, putting on the air, putting on the airwaves, publishing, publicationView synonyms
- ‘One growing concern is dissemination of public information on projects and facilities.’
- ‘Scant regard is paid to the manifesto and its dissemination among the general public nowadays.’
- ‘Social value presupposes the public dissemination of research results.’
- ‘The public dissemination of standardised data on clinical outcomes is now established practice in many health systems.’
- ‘When the main tamoxifen trials were published in 1983, dissemination into practice took about five years.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.