Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The act of spreading something, especially information, widely; circulation.‘dissemination of public information’
spreading, circulation, distribution, dispersal, diffusionView synonyms
- ‘When the main tamoxifen trials were published in 1983, dissemination into practice took about five years.’
- ‘The public dissemination of standardised data on clinical outcomes is now established practice in many health systems.’
- ‘One growing concern is dissemination of public information on projects and facilities.’
- ‘Social value presupposes the public dissemination of research results.’
- ‘Scant regard is paid to the manifesto and its dissemination among the general public nowadays.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.