Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The act of spreading something, especially information, widely; circulation.‘dissemination of public information’
spreading, circulation, distribution, dispersal, diffusionproclamation, promulgation, propagation, publicizing, communication, passing on, making known, putting aboutdissipation, scatteringbroadcasting, relaying, transmission, putting on the air, putting on the airwaves, publishing, publicationView synonyms
- ‘The public dissemination of standardised data on clinical outcomes is now established practice in many health systems.’
- ‘Scant regard is paid to the manifesto and its dissemination among the general public nowadays.’
- ‘Social value presupposes the public dissemination of research results.’
- ‘When the main tamoxifen trials were published in 1983, dissemination into practice took about five years.’
- ‘One growing concern is dissemination of public information on projects and facilities.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.