One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Divine decrees are fulfilled with sullenness, bafflement or credulous compliance; the crew's disputatiousness adds to the reader's pleasure.’
- ‘Most of the political activity occurring outside that gilded realm must be cast as a periphery of delusion, extremism and industrial disputatiousness.’
- ‘A penchant for disputatiousness has led to numerous quarrels with fellow radicals, including Foreman.’
- ‘Remarkably the literary product of such disputatiousness eventually became Scripture, that is, books with normative quality for the community.’
- ‘He mentioned, too, the increasing disputatiousness of New York's board of directors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.