One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pump in which liquid is moved out of the pump chamber by a moving surface or by the introduction of compressed air or gas.
- ‘The company's positive displacement pumps have been designed to minimize shear, which may cause product damage and thus reduced product quality.’
- ‘‘A variable displacement pump gives you a very good feel for the machine,’ says Lao.’
- ‘Both models offer energy efficiency, low noise levels, high accuracy, and repeatability thanks to an electronically regulated variable displacement pump.’
- ‘Joule, son of a brewer, invented electric welding and the displacement pump and worked with Lord Kelvin to create more accurate thermometers.’
- ‘The clearances in these positive displacement pumps are close; they wear quickly when abrasives are pumped.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.