One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Ella wondered dispiritedly if it were perhaps her fault, if there had been something she had done earlier on that made his condition worse rather than improving it.’
- ‘There are one or two other people slouching around the departure area dispiritedly.’
- ‘‘I have,’ Tash answered, looking slightly dispiritedly at the people around her. ‘I just wish it wasn't necessary.’
- ‘This, I think dispiritedly between gulps of air, is the story of my life.’
- ‘He wondered where she was, and scanned the map of America in front of him… could be anywhere… he thought dispiritedly…’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.