One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘I have,’ Tash answered, looking slightly dispiritedly at the people around her. ‘I just wish it wasn't necessary.’
- ‘This, I think dispiritedly between gulps of air, is the story of my life.’
- ‘He wondered where she was, and scanned the map of America in front of him… could be anywhere… he thought dispiritedly…’
- ‘Ella wondered dispiritedly if it were perhaps her fault, if there had been something she had done earlier on that made his condition worse rather than improving it.’
- ‘There are one or two other people slouching around the departure area dispiritedly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.