Belief in a system of historical progression, as revealed in the Bible, consisting of a series of stages in God's self-revelation and plan of salvation.
- ‘Literal readings of the Bible predispose fundamentalists to adopt a theology that stresses premillennial dispensationalism, which means they believe in the Second Coming of Jesus as prophesied in the Bible.’
- ‘Darby is credited with bringing premillennial dispensationalism to the United States.’
- ‘Not only had he retained his evangelical convictions, but made steady progress during those years - rejecting the Scofield Bible's dispensationalism and becoming convinced of the eternal security of the believer.’
- ‘Fundamentalists reject a larger portion of secular society, maintain strong commitments to strict literalism, premillenial dispensationalism, and moral traditionalism.’
- ‘The author has pronounced traditional dispensationalism dead.’