One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But he doesn't care too much about the disparagement.’
- ‘In spite of the ongoing disparagement, the yellow metal has continued to shed its ‘barbarous’ reputation, taking out fresh 18-year highs last week.’
- ‘The hidden progressivist agenda on this issue lies in the disparagement of verbal learning.’
- ‘As a child these were the teachers who cast large shadows over my progress, or lack of it, and whose constant put-downs and disparagements made school life more miserable than it should have been.’
- ‘Then the campaign of criticism and disparagement of a good man, Mr Keelty, continued into the Tuesday.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.