One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A wheel, especially a bicycle wheel, with a central disk in place of spokes.
- ‘If the wind blows, we will use five-spoke wheels and if not, then disc wheels.’
- ‘That was interesting reading in your book about lacing a rear disc wheel, so that the outside spokes are reversed for the two sides of the wheel.’
- ‘Racers will have the opportunity to win a new disk wheel by purchasing a raffle ticket.’
- ‘They have hubs made of carbon fiber, like disk wheels.’
- ‘What are the things a person should watch for when inspecting a disc wheel for safe operation?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.