One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A harrow with cutting edges consisting of a row of concave disks set at an oblique angle.
- ‘Scraper blades, similar to those often used to clean disk harrow blades, might help reduce this problem.’
- ‘The company currently distributes combine harvesters, maize shellers, walking tractors, disc harrows, hammer mills, oil expellers and filter and peanut butter machines.’
- ‘Tandem disk harrows invert the soil and usually place the herbicide deeper in the soil than most other incorporation tools.’
- ‘Three years ago my husband was killed as the result of hitting the 12 ft disc harrow being trailed behind a tractor.’
- ‘The steel used to fabricate the round disks for disk harrows is extremely high quality.’
disk harrow/disk ˈherō/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.