One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device which allows a computer to read from and write on to computer disks.
- ‘If you want me to learn something, plug my disk drive into your computer and download information into me.’
- ‘The process is demanding, since it must drill down through multiple layers between the application and the disk drive.’
- ‘In the past, when a disk drive was updated in a personal computer, the old disk drive was thrown away.’
- ‘The disk and tape complement each other because the disk drive is still more likely to encounter failure relative to tape.’
- ‘Additionally, we have a common public disk drive in the computer lab area of the library where people can save their data to pick up in the lab.’
- ‘A standard disk drive could not even hope to attempt this volume of accesses.’
- ‘An actuator assembly is provided for a computer disc drive.’
- ‘The temperature of the hard disk drive was read with a thermometer tool.’
- ‘Still, there are ways of squeezing more performance out of a disk drive with a larger cache memory.’
- ‘This software communicates directly to the disk drive, bypassing the operating system.’
- ‘A computer disk drive transducer head having spatially separated read and write heads is provided.’
- ‘The lab assistants will also show users how to store data and retrieve it from the public disk drive.’
- ‘If the devices have a disk drive then they act as servers for the encryption keys and control the rights of the other, tethered devices.’
- ‘In fact, the time it takes to restore an entire disk drive from an image can be measured in minutes.’
- ‘With the new drive a hard disk drive is now the most durable and rugged peripheral in the industry.’
- ‘As computers evolved and the need for faster access became a must for the business world, IBM invented the disk drive.’
- ‘A method for correcting read errors in a disk drive is also disclosed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.