One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘With no selfish motive, or desire to be awarded here or hereafter, quite disinterestedly have I devoted my life to the cause of independence, because I could not do otherwise.’
- ‘I saw a number of people crying at the veterans’ rally, and a number of people drifting around disinterestedly.’
- ‘Even as Manuel reprimanded them during his speech, many sat there disinterestedly, napped or kept busy with other things.’
- ‘I sighed and studied my pencil disinterestedly.’
- ‘American foreign policy has rarely been disinterestedly philanthropic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.