One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process of cleaning something, especially with a chemical, in order to destroy bacteria.‘instruments must undergo high-level disinfection before reuse’
- ‘The team has been encouraging hand disinfection by trialling individual alcohol hand gel dispensers.’
- ‘Control measures undertaken include quarantine and disinfection of infected premises.’
- ‘He called on all agriculture-related enterprises to maintain strict disinfection measures against the disease.’
- ‘Organisers of events must in any event adhere strictly to the disinfection procedures.’
- ‘The steps for removing protective clothing include disinfection with bleach solutions and washing hands with soap and water.’
- ‘The items should be cleaned as soon as possible after use and thoroughly dried before disinfection or sterilization.’
- ‘Prompt treatment with antibiotics combined with an effective disinfection regime is essential to prevent its spread.’
- ‘Their approach, the Safe Water System (SWS), emphasizes disinfection at the places where water is consumed.’
- ‘Heat, chemical disinfection, or lack of moisture can kill the virus.’
- ‘Guidelines for treating contaminated water by boiling as well as chemical disinfection are discussed subsequently.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.