One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large basin in which dishes are washed.
- ‘With a soapy hand, Inger swiped back the strand of hair straggling across her forehead and put the final pot into the dishpan.’
- ‘They proceed to share the dishpan happily, and wash the dishes together.’
- ‘Put about an inch of cornmeal in a plastic dishpan.’
- ‘Last summer they added pre-camp activities such as meal planning and shopping, and boiling the wash water and washing the dishes in two dishpans as camp-based chores.’
- ‘In the kitchen center, Bailey had dumped all the plastic dishes out of the dishpan and was using it as a boat, scooting across the floor to destinations unknown.’
- ‘His mother kept a list of those wanting fish, and neighbors would heat up their griddles and line up with their dishpans upon Grant's return.’
- ‘Place one of the large coffee cans in the dishpan.’
- ‘Helen and I hauled dirty dishes out to the pump in front of the house where Mother had thoughtfully placed the dishpan.’
- ‘She made it to the kitchen and was loading the dishpan, when it occurred to her that she could send those boys straight around back to the basement door.’
- ‘Bring two dishpans, one containing sand and the other holding a flat rock.’
- ‘The dishpan filled with bubbles, and she watched them for several minutes in silence before she trusted her voice enough to speak.’
- ‘Next time I'll rent a roof carrier and bring a few more handy items, starting with a plastic dishpan, our own axe, and a kite.’
- ‘Place a plastic dishpan under the drain trap to catch standing water as you either remove the drain plug (if there is one) or disconnect the trap.’
- ‘She had moved to the sink and was running water into the dishpan.’
- ‘Since the 1950s, jumps had persistently turned up in weather and climate models, whether built from rotating dishpans or from sets of equations run through computers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.