One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The dismissal of someone from the armed forces as a result of criminal or morally unacceptable actions.
- ‘The advisor threatened him with dishonourable discharge and demotion.’
- ‘The three soldiers convicted of abusing prisoners were given a dishonourable discharge from the army and sent to a military brig.’
- ‘She faces a prison sentence of up to 38 years, a dishonourable discharge and forfeiture of all pay and allowances if convicted.’
- ‘His sentencing included a reduction in rank to private, forfeiture of wages and a dishonourable discharge.’
- ‘If convicted, he faces up to seven years in a military prison, demotion and a dishonourable discharge.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.