One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Unfortunately, I found the film flat, banal, and dishearteningly conservative.’
- ‘Sorin frowned and shook his head dishearteningly.’
- ‘The main question I want to pose in the remainder of this essay is this: do these elements of the novel constitute a response to the private and public events that it so powerfully and dishearteningly presents in its central narrative?’
- ‘It was a long, hard haul and the resultant catch, just a few kilos, seemed dishearteningly small.’
- ‘As well as being dishearteningly unoriginal, these statements were also largely ineffectual.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.