One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for loofah
- ‘The smooth luffa which is without ribs is commonly known as dishcloth gourd or sponge gourd.’
- ‘Less dignified, though more descriptive, names for this tropical climbing or trailing herb are dishcloth gourd and vegetable gourd.’
- ‘The fruit of the loofah, also known as the sponge or dishcloth gourd, is familiar as a coarse mesh sponge used in the bath.’
- ‘The fruit, or loofah, also is known as the dishcloth gourd, rag gourd, or vegetable sponge.’
- ‘The vegetable sponge, or dishcloth gourd, has a fibrous interior that can be dried and used as a sponge.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.