One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for loofah
- ‘Less dignified, though more descriptive, names for this tropical climbing or trailing herb are dishcloth gourd and vegetable gourd.’
- ‘The fruit of the loofah, also known as the sponge or dishcloth gourd, is familiar as a coarse mesh sponge used in the bath.’
- ‘The smooth luffa which is without ribs is commonly known as dishcloth gourd or sponge gourd.’
- ‘The vegetable sponge, or dishcloth gourd, has a fibrous interior that can be dried and used as a sponge.’
- ‘The fruit, or loofah, also is known as the dishcloth gourd, rag gourd, or vegetable sponge.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.