One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The project furthermore makes doubtful the possibility of posthumanism that is conditioned by cyborgization and human disembodiment because these two are virtually the outcomes of the metaphoric relationship.’
- ‘A further feature of this negative self is its particular disembodiment, isolation and fragility.’
- ‘Thus, what alarms him is the dehumanization, disembodiment and moral anaesthetization that is now, he believes, accompanying the substitution of virtuality for reality.’
- ‘Therefore, we must resist any and all architectures of disembodiment which remove labor from manufacturing in the global economy, war from geography, privacy from security, gender from race and dissent from justice.’
- ‘Much as he deplores the disembodiment he finds at the heart of dying-to-know narratives, some kind of self-denial, he decides, is essential for the good, if not the true.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.