One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The project furthermore makes doubtful the possibility of posthumanism that is conditioned by cyborgization and human disembodiment because these two are virtually the outcomes of the metaphoric relationship.’
- ‘A further feature of this negative self is its particular disembodiment, isolation and fragility.’
- ‘Thus, what alarms him is the dehumanization, disembodiment and moral anaesthetization that is now, he believes, accompanying the substitution of virtuality for reality.’
- ‘Much as he deplores the disembodiment he finds at the heart of dying-to-know narratives, some kind of self-denial, he decides, is essential for the good, if not the true.’
- ‘Therefore, we must resist any and all architectures of disembodiment which remove labor from manufacturing in the global economy, war from geography, privacy from security, gender from race and dissent from justice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.