One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system that seeks to manage the chronic conditions of high-risk, high-cost patients as a group.
- ‘Chronic disease management is costly, and therefore the most outstanding feature of longevity is that it has become a feature of national and personal wealth.’
- ‘For example, nurses had a role in triage, prescribing, and chronic disease management.’
- ‘We pour vast energy into chronic disease management.’
- ‘These are important even for simple prompting systems but are multiplied in the more complex systems needed for chronic disease management.’
- ‘This suggests that the trend in the NHS towards larger general practices by itself has little impact on the quality of chronic disease management in primary care.’
- ‘Imposing chronic disease management strategies on existing systems of care that are organised to address acute episodic illness is unlikely to be successful.’
- ‘Health professionals' attitudes are understandable given the focus on chronic disease management throughout the new GP contract.’
- ‘The registries will also enable quality comparisons between hospitals and research into chronic disease management.’
- ‘It should be continuous, involving teaching, e-mail communication, and patient training in disease management.’
- ‘Only two trials examined brief interventions for chronic disease management, and they found virtually no evidence to support their implementation.’
- ‘Clearly more research is needed to clarify the potential contributions of social work to chronic disease management.’
- ‘We believe that text message or email reminders of this kind will help to reduce many of the problems associated with clinic attendance and chronic disease management.’
- ‘We believe that such systems could be generically applied to most, if not all, forms of chronic disease management.’
- ‘It may not be feasible to introduce this model unless a practice has prior experience of chronic disease management and computerised records are used routinely.’
- ‘Whether or not patients take the medications prescribed for them and how well doctors determine this is at the heart of chronic disease management.’
- ‘The government moved to make an expert patient programme a centrepiece of the NHS approach to chronic disease management in the 21st century.’
- ‘Would it be better managed by a chronic disease management model like that used for diabetes?’
- ‘Consultants have a key role in chronic disease management as part of the extended care team.’
- ‘As is clear from these papers, chronic disease management has evolved into a unique field of inquiry and an essential component of quality improvement efforts in health care.’
- ‘Most of these systems were originally developed to provide advice to clinicians about diagnoses or disease management.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.