One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Represent or approximate (a quantity or series) using a discrete quantity or quantities.
- ‘Ten categories appear to be sufficient for discretizing the integral over parameters.’
- ‘Approximations are made when the world is represented using continuous models (partial differential equations) and when these continuous models are discretized.’
- ‘To make the solution feasible, compromises must be made in the resolution of the grids used to discretize the equations.’
- ‘To solve such equations we must retreat to discrete steps and computations, and sometimes the continuous space itself must be discretized over a mesh before submission to a computing device.’
- ‘For the continuous distributions of selection coefficients, calculations are performed by discretizing the density function using 10 categories.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.