Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Income remaining after deduction of taxes, other mandatory charges, and expenditure on necessary items.Compare with disposable income
- ‘Alternatively, individuals at greater risk might select a more comprehensive plan and supplement the voucher's value with other discretionary income.’
- ‘The more the state spends and taxes the less discretionary income citizens have in take-home pay (or what remains after deductions for tax and national insurance).’
- ‘As they enter their retirement years healthier and wealthier than previous generations, Boomers will have more discretionary income for travel and entertainment.’
- ‘Fear of unemployment, falling tourism numbers, the impact on disposable, discretionary income of stealth taxes have all taken their toll, as has a squeeze on pay in the private sector.’
- ‘The problem is especially acute at low levels of income, where savings and discretionary income are very limited.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.