One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He is objective about himself, even when that objectivity is apt to reflect discreditably upon himself.’
- ‘It is hard to remember a conference speech by a major party leader which did less for public debate and which reflects so discreditably on the person who gave it.’
- ‘Ryan eyed her discreditably, though laughter flickered behind the almost black eyes.’
- ‘It's hard to be certain what the sellers knew, but if they withheld a significant fact about the apartment, they acted discreditably.’
- ‘She also says that her late husband had been married before, and that this marriage ended discreditably.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.