One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A check which results when a player moves a piece or pawn so as to put the opponent's king in check from another piece.
- ‘It starts with an explanation of the rules of the game and then moves on systematically to cover more advanced material introducing basic themes like pins, forks, discovered checks, etc.’
- ‘Oh, and I'll need the king off the e-file, so I don't lose the knight to a pin or discovered check or double check.’
- ‘Returning to the present position, he decided that maybe allowing the discovered check was OK with 29.’
- ‘Kc5 seems quite playable - there is no way to exploit the discovered check.’
- ‘A special case of discovered check is where the moving piece also checks the opponent's King.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.