A method of assessing investments taking into account the expected accumulation of interest.
- ‘A discounted cash flow calculation takes into account the value of earnings in future years.’
- ‘After all, goodwill is a noncash item, and most companies value assets based on discounted cash flow.’
- ‘The risk-free rate is also the basis for corporations and other investors evaluating projects or potential acquisition candidates using discounted cash flow analysis.’
- ‘Businesses use discounted cash flow analysis to evaluate investment options.’
- ‘It provides calculative techniques, such as discounted cash flow and capital budgeting, that serve to focus decision making.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.