One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Very dimly he could hear men roaring at each other, the cacophony of their voices jarring discordantly against each other.’
- ‘Her laughter rises to meet his, blending discordantly, pitch against pitch until I can't take anymore, but they don't stop.’
- ‘Somewhat discordantly, he also found that 71% of teenagers expect to be successful.’
- ‘Supposedly intelligent but extremely short-sighted members of our society shouted discordantly, ‘Houses before horses.’’
- ‘Inside the inner workings came a metallic screech of gears clashing discordantly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.