One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His disconsolation was written all over his body language - as soon as he had crossed the finishing line his head went down and was soon in his hands.’
- ‘A remarkable pair of pencil drawings on newsprint reflect the overwhelming disconsolation of one such period.’
- ‘The Cat seemed somewhat puzzled by this comment, and his stride became less confident, while his tail wagged in apparent disconsolation.’
- ‘From this point of view, should we not look at these paintings as a constructive criticism of today's unpleasant cities, the disconsolation of concrete walls and the transformation of values into goods?’
- ‘Its sudden withdrawal from the people would bring deeper disconsolation than to deprive them of television.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.