One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Simultaneously, but disconnectedly, each finds himself changed by the funeral, from the moment of the funeral, and changing in ways both dramatic and imperceptible.’
- ‘‘I know what they took… ‘He said disconnectedly, staring blankly off into nowhere, ‘I know what they took from me.’’
- ‘The film opens on a small evening party: four individuals dancing, swaying, laughing disconnectedly.’
- ‘As a series of images flick by, she disconnectedly narrates the awakenings of her ostensibly conventional sexual and social consciousness.’
- ‘The room wasn't this warm before, he thought disconnectedly, keeping his brain from focusing on the painful and obvious enormity of his mistake.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.