Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1A descriptive catalog of musical recordings, particularly those of a particular performer or composer.
- ‘Paradoxically, this is not a major addition to the Bruckner discography, but it is a major addition to the Boulez discography.’
- ‘I also found solace and beauty in the ethereally light Divertimento in B flat, a work which was not previously available in the Toscanini discography.’
- ‘There are discographies, band biographies, a photo gallery, hidden studio tracks, and DVD-ROM links.’
- ‘These expanded capabilities can capture all of the credits that are typically printed in the liner notes of an audio CD, as well as data found in comprehensive musical biographies or discographies.’
- ‘Theirs is quickly becoming one of the most daunting discographies in contemporary music.’
- ‘You can read more at the link below, including a catalogue of works, a discography and a library of programme notes.’
- ‘He has bequeathed to the world a rich discography of 10 full opera recordings, a Verdi ‘Requiem’, and many fine recital discs.’
- ‘I am very happy with his interpretations, and the disc is a welcome addition to the very extensive Scarlatti discography.’
- ‘The crucial distinction between a discography and a library or manufacturer's catalogue is the critical selection and organization of its information for a distinct purpose.’
- ‘In addition, the book includes a complete list of works, a discography and a bibliography.’
- ‘The book also has a selected list of composers, selected bibliography, discography and an index.’
- ‘There is also a text biography and a complete discography included to complete the bonus features.’
- ‘Checking the discography, however, I don't find them in our collection.’
- ‘His Tchaikovsky discography runs several pages, from the last four symphonies to items like ‘Hamlet’.’
- ‘I wanted to put an index and a discography in the hardback edition of the book.’
- ‘He has performed throughout the United States and Europe, his discography ranging from Bach on historical organs to 20th century fare.’
- ‘The concluding portion of this article provides a lengthy discography that presents recordings that focus on tearful situations and crying themes over the past six decades.’
- ‘Appendices contain a discography and details of concert halls around the world.’
- ‘It's also a big site, with artist biographies, discographies, tour details, full catalogue details with cover art and sound clips and an online radio show.’
- ‘It is a nice but not critical addition to the Khachaturian discography.’
- 1.1All of a performer's or composer's recordings considered as a body of work.‘his discography is overwhelmingly classical’
- ‘His discography has included Scriabin, Shostakovich, Beethoven, Chopin, Liszt, Milhaud, and Rodrigo.’
- ‘Essentially, this recording adds little to the Schumann discography, and other reviews I have read seem to be of like opinion.’
- ‘The Wonder edition includes an informative biography and a discography of his recordings.’
- ‘This pairing of the two violin sonatas is also extremely important for the composer's discography and also includes a number of short rare pieces that add to the enticement of the disc as a whole.’
- 1.2The study of musical recordings and compilation of descriptive catalogs.
1930s: from disc (see disk) + -graphy, on the pattern of biography.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.