One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tube containing charged electrodes and filled with a gas in which ionization is induced by an electric field. The gas molecules emit light as they return to the ground state.
- ‘The capacitor circuit is also connected to a smaller gas discharge tube by way of a resistor.’
- ‘The scroll collects the compressed air and forces it into the discharge tube, then into the intake manifold.’
- ‘In 1895, a German physicist named Wilhelm Roentgen made the discovery while experimenting with electron beams in a gas discharge tube.’
- ‘It also increases the efficiency of electron discharge tubes and imparts creep strength to wire at temperatures above one-half the absolute melting point of tungsten.’
- ‘The discharge tube is a lot like a neon light or fluorescent lamp.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.