One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to be discerned; perceptible.‘the scandal had no discernible effect on his career’‘the inscription was barely discernible’
visible, detectable, noticeable, perceptible, observable, perceivable, distinguishable, recognizable, identifiableView synonyms
- ‘The balance of evidence suggests a discernible human influence on global climate.’
- ‘There was an almost discernible sigh of relief over evidence of resilience in house prices.’
- ‘None of the characters undergo any kind of discernible transformation during their week in the desert.’
- ‘Nor are there any evident truths discernible without regard to our historical context.’
- ‘The carrot's flavour was discernible, but quite distinct from that in a savoury dish.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.