Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Surgical removal of the whole or a part of an intervertebral disc.
- ‘Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion is used to treat degenerative cervical disc disease that cannot be relieved by conservative therapy.’
- ‘Wouldn't it be nice to find an efficacious alternative to discectomy?’
- ‘Success rates for discectomy and decompression are high - 80 to 90 per cent - but stabilisation is more complex and a minority of patients may need further surgery or their condition may even deteriorate.’
- ‘I have no experience of hill-climbing whatsoever, and as a result of a discectomy I have nerve damage down my right leg, so this will not be an easy feat.’
- ‘The patient underwent an anterior discectomy with a successful outcome.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.