One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of vehicle brake employing the friction of pads against a disc which is attached to the wheel.
- ‘A brake disk for disk brakes, in particular of land vehicles, has a friction ring received by a support section, formed, for example, by a portion of a wheel hub.’
- ‘The hydraulic disc brake features a one-piece forged caliper, an opposed two-piston design and a center lock system.’
- ‘All variants come with disc brakes for the rear wheels and ventilated disc brakes for the front wheels.’
- ‘In the rear you will find a disc; but this new hydraulic disc brake is mounted on the rear prop shaft, up out of the way.’
- ‘If you think of a disc brake setup, you know that the front brake caliper is above and behind the front dropout.’
- ‘Cracks were found in 300 out of 1,440 disc brake rotors.’
- ‘‘Controlled friction ‘is generated by a graduated disk brake mechanism.’’
- ‘With it's giant tires and the disc brake up front it should prove to be ideal for the West Virginia terrain.’
- ‘I have tied and soldered my own disc-brake mountain bike wheels for years now, and I notice a difference not only in lateral stiffness but especially in application of the disc brake.’
- ‘Are there any disc brake adapters available for forks to convert a V-brake fork to a disc brake fork?’
- ‘A disc brake is installed forward of the transfer gearbox and is protected inside the vehicle body.’
- ‘After a bad crash I bent my rear disc brake rotor.’
- ‘The wheels are fitted with dual circuit hydraulically operated disc brakes and anti-skid braking.’
- ‘The ordinary type of brake liners all round is being overcome by the latest disc brake all round though it may also have its short comings.’
- ‘There are two basic disc brake pad designs, non-shimmed and shimmed pads.’
- ‘In addition, the plant produces corner modules, disc brake calipers, drum brakes and wheel cylinders.’
- ‘This has in turn brought about an increase in wheel size, to get the larger disc brake and its calliper inside the wheel rim.’
- ‘In the back the skates have a disc brake system that reduces your speed when you put your weight on your heels and lean slightly to the rear.’
- ‘The fork comes with disc brake mounts if a person would ever be interested in upgrading.’
- ‘The pad spring is carried by the disc brake assembly and is disposed between the anchor bracket and at least one end of one of the pair of friction pads.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.