One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Twenty years in local government,’ he whispers disbelievingly.’
- ‘Another asked, disbelievingly: ‘Surely he doesn't think he can get away with that kind of thing?’’
- ‘Sara stared at me incredulously for a second before shaking her head disbelievingly.’
- ‘My new boss laughs, disbelievingly, but I patiently explain I'd been invited to a singles night comprising of rising marketing professionals such as myself.’
- ‘He shakes his head disbelievingly - then he hands our passports back.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.