One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who advocates or campaigns for the withdrawal of nuclear weapons.
- ‘He boomed, ‘that you will no longer appease the left-wing sentiments of the unilateral disarmers who are still sadly numerous on your own back benches?’’
- ‘Unilateral disarmers, 'neutrals', and Soviet sympathizers in the West tried to stop the deployment of U.S. intermediate range missiles to Europe.’’
- ‘It was all very sobering, and those attending courses came away, if not nuclear disarmers, at any rate determined to do whatever lay in their power to prevent such horrors.’
- ‘Lovers of freedom, lovers of social justice, disarmers, peacekeepers, civil disobeyers, democrats, civil rights activists, and defenders of the environment are legions in a single multiform cause.’
- ‘It seems anyone who feels moved to demonstrate about what they believe in is branded a usual suspect: trades unionists, Socialist Workers, nuclear disarmers, anti-vivisectionists.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.