One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who advocates or campaigns for the withdrawal of nuclear weapons.
- ‘Lovers of freedom, lovers of social justice, disarmers, peacekeepers, civil disobeyers, democrats, civil rights activists, and defenders of the environment are legions in a single multiform cause.’
- ‘It seems anyone who feels moved to demonstrate about what they believe in is branded a usual suspect: trades unionists, Socialist Workers, nuclear disarmers, anti-vivisectionists.’
- ‘He boomed, ‘that you will no longer appease the left-wing sentiments of the unilateral disarmers who are still sadly numerous on your own back benches?’’
- ‘Unilateral disarmers, 'neutrals', and Soviet sympathizers in the West tried to stop the deployment of U.S. intermediate range missiles to Europe.’’
- ‘It was all very sobering, and those attending courses came away, if not nuclear disarmers, at any rate determined to do whatever lay in their power to prevent such horrors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.