One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I am offering to eliminate the federal powers of disallowance in exchange for the abolition of the Senate.’
- ‘But the full rigour of the regulations will be applied with claw-backs and disallowances being enforced.’
- ‘That is why IFA is making a major push in the negotiations with Government for incentives, through tax relief and social welfare disallowances, to encourage medium-term land leasing at an affordable price.’
- ‘On proscription, the Attorney General can still ban political organisations, but subject to disallowance by the House of Representatives or the Senate.’
- ‘The Board's disallowance of these signatures left Mayor Williams considerably below the 2000 signatures required for ballot access.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.