Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in sports) a list of players who are not available for play, owing to injury.
- ‘Players on the disabled list still work.’
- ‘Each spent significant time on the disabled list last season.’
- ‘Byrd faces the possibility of starting the season on the disabled list.’
- ‘In his first three seasons with the Red Sox, he made seven trips to the disabled list.’
- ‘The trouble is, Brown can't seem to stay away from the disabled list.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.