(in sports) a list of players who are not available for play, owing to injury.
- ‘Byrd faces the possibility of starting the season on the disabled list.’
- ‘Players on the disabled list still work.’
- ‘Each spent significant time on the disabled list last season.’
- ‘The trouble is, Brown can't seem to stay away from the disabled list.’
- ‘In his first three seasons with the Red Sox, he made seven trips to the disabled list.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.