Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in sports) a list of players who are not available for play, owing to injury.
- ‘Byrd faces the possibility of starting the season on the disabled list.’
- ‘Players on the disabled list still work.’
- ‘Each spent significant time on the disabled list last season.’
- ‘The trouble is, Brown can't seem to stay away from the disabled list.’
- ‘In his first three seasons with the Red Sox, he made seven trips to the disabled list.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.