One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in sports) a list of players who are not available for play, owing to injury.
- ‘The trouble is, Brown can't seem to stay away from the disabled list.’
- ‘Byrd faces the possibility of starting the season on the disabled list.’
- ‘Players on the disabled list still work.’
- ‘Each spent significant time on the disabled list last season.’
- ‘In his first three seasons with the Red Sox, he made seven trips to the disabled list.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.