One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Cajun dish consisting of white rice cooked with onions, peppers, chicken livers, and herbs.
- ‘At the Polo Club, she relies on one of the complex's employees to give her a lift to the Fiesta supermarket, more than a dozen miles each way, so she can pick up some dirty rice and beans.’
- ‘Perhaps the menu's stuffed pork chop won't be on hand, but a plump, browned chicken breast filled with delicious, scallion-spiked dirty rice will.’
- ‘One pound of meat makes nine cups of jambalaya or dirty rice in less than 30 minutes.’
- ‘A typical dinner might include fillet of sole, red beans and dirty rice, a green salad, grilled asparagus, and fruit for dessert.’
- ‘There is also a side of dirty rice, and a creamy potato salad perked up with scallions, radishes and shreds of carrot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.