Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A long skateboard with larger-than-average wheels, designed for off-road use.
- ‘The nitro dirtboard is an all terrain beast with attitude, quite unlike anything in the world.’
- ‘There are many styles and brands of dirtboards available - take a look around the net, visit some of these, and hit up your local sporting goods store to get some more ideas of what kind of dirtboard you want.’
- ‘We are trying to find a suitable location to use our power kites and three wheel buggies / dirtboards in the evenings and at weekends.’
- ‘This is a custom dirtboard I put together for off-road and on-road riding (most of the roads near where I live are pretty rough anyway so the whole on/off road thing makes little sense anyway).’
- ‘I dug out some footage of me riding my dirtboard and put together a video clip for the dirtboard page’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.