Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A long skateboard with larger-than-average wheels, designed for off-road use.
- ‘We are trying to find a suitable location to use our power kites and three wheel buggies / dirtboards in the evenings and at weekends.’
- ‘There are many styles and brands of dirtboards available - take a look around the net, visit some of these, and hit up your local sporting goods store to get some more ideas of what kind of dirtboard you want.’
- ‘I dug out some footage of me riding my dirtboard and put together a video clip for the dirtboard page’
- ‘The nitro dirtboard is an all terrain beast with attitude, quite unlike anything in the world.’
- ‘This is a custom dirtboard I put together for off-road and on-road riding (most of the roads near where I live are pretty rough anyway so the whole on/off road thing makes little sense anyway).’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.