One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Support Systems’ features more shock-and-awe dynamics, but grows dirgeful in its slow-building eight minutes.’
- ‘Beginning with a spliced viola whine that sounds redolent of a weedwhacker gone haywire, the song features an unflinching drum rhythm that starts entropic, before being finally pinioned by a dirgeful bassline.’
- ‘Over the course of forty minutes and six movements Foon and Cawdron et al provide a dirgeful opus of clevises, cowbells, and weeping, sawing strings; a cycle of loss - a soundtrack to the world's end.’
- ‘The album closes on a self-conscious note with a dirgeful, if rote, cover of The Beatles’ ‘Girl’.’
- ‘On the gorgeous closer ‘Crawling by Numbers,’ she similarly warms up the chorus with a beautiful reach - the juxtaposition of her voice with the song's dirgeful strings making for a mesmerizing finale.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.