One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The business of selling products or services directly to the public, e.g. by mail order or telephone selling, rather than through retailers.
- ‘It's almost impossible to do direct marketing in an offline world to launch a new artist, but you can do it very cheaply in an online world.’
- ‘The company offers viral marketing, opt-in reward programs and direct marketing.’
- ‘Using databases in direct marketing is also a dynamic process.’
- ‘The first solely has to do with voting and the second will be used as a database for direct marketing.’
- ‘Unlike other forms of direct marketing, such as junk mail or telemarketing, spam should be considered a threat.’
- ‘To many people, direct mail and direct marketing are synonymous.’
- ‘On several occasions I've given a talk on direct marketing called Beyond Farmers' Markets.’
- ‘Similar considerations applied to other forms of direct marketing, such as telephone - based marketing.’
- ‘In the pharmaceutical industry, medical sales executives did direct marketing with doctors rather than patients.’
- ‘The increase could be a result of other factors, such as direct marketing or traditional advertising, as well.’
- ‘In the world of direct marketing, getting prospects to open their mail is half the battle.’
- ‘We recently needed information on using direct marketing for retailers in Europe.’
- ‘This focus means that a large part of marketing expenditure goes to dealing with trade, and the bulk of the rest on direct marketing to corporations.’
- ‘The point is, direct marketing allows you to get your business noticed.’
- ‘In contrast to advertising, direct marketing grew for the fifth consecutive quarter.’
- ‘Navigating German law related to direct marketing can be tricky, too.’
- ‘He also wants to bolster revenues from hot growth areas such as direct marketing and Web-based communications.’
- ‘Farm product direct marketing is not a workable, or available, method of operation for most farmers.’
- ‘After all, like direct marketing, interactive advertising can be one-to-one.’
- ‘An Post's Liam Sheehan concedes that this is a book that hardly functions as a promotion for direct marketing but he says that was never the idea.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.