One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A class of myriapod arthropods that comprises the millipedes.
- ‘Scudder considered Archipolypoda to represent the ‘prototypes’ of Diplopoda and possibly also Pauropoda.’
- ‘The millipedes described herein, aside from being representatives of a group that has an extremely limited fossil record outside of a few key Upper Carboniferous Lagerstatten, make an important contribution to the study of Diplopoda.’
- ‘The goal was to understand better pleurojulid trunk-ring architecture and to document character states for use in formulating hypotheses about the phylogenetic position of pleurojulids within Diplopoda.’
- ‘This arthropod subphylum includes the Chilopoda, the Diplopoda, the Pauropoda, and the Symphyla.’
- ‘Less frequently they will also eat Diplopoda, Araneae, snails, crabs, tree frogs, lizards and fish (Actinopterygii).’
Modern Latin (plural), from Greek diploos ‘double’ + pous, pod- ‘foot’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.