One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A woman's dress ring, usually with a large stone or an ornate setting, often worn on special occasions.
- ‘This enchanting treasure is styled to pair with Belais wedding bands and is accordingly much narrower than the legendary maker's elaborately filigreed settings for dinner rings.’
- ‘Thieves made off with an Apple iBook laptop, a digital camera, an amethyst dinner ring inherited from Todd's grandmother and the iPod.’
- ‘Please drop in to see our wide selection of diamond earrings, necklaces, pendants, bracelets, dinner rings, and brooches’
- ‘We have solitaires, elegant dinner rings, bold, wide band ring styles and more.’
- ‘Shop for diamond or Moissanite engagement, wedding, anniversary or dinner rings, earrings or pendants in gold or platinum.’
- ‘Most sapphire rings were big gold dinner rings, or were paired with large diamonds.’
- ‘This was a cocktail or dinner ring, worn out in the evening.’
- ‘In addition to wedding bands and diamond engagement rings, catalogs for the trade and for the public offered specialty rings for babies and for young girls, signet and graduation rings for men, and dinner rings for women.’
- ‘When you walk into the room wearing this exquisite tigers eye dinner ring, that's where everyone's going to think you've been.’
- ‘I am considering a dinner ring in 14K gold with 5 pear shaped diamonds on the top and several baguettes on the sides.’
- ‘While the resident was distracted, police believe a second suspect snuck into the house, cracked a security box and stole her pendant, pin and dinner rings.’
- ‘Engagement rings, dinner rings, diamond wedding rings and bands, and ‘right hand’ rings are just a few examples of our stock.’
- ‘Art Deco in design, this topaz 10K gold dinner ring is stunning!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.