One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A woman's dress ring, usually with a large stone or an ornate setting, often worn on special occasions.
- ‘Engagement rings, dinner rings, diamond wedding rings and bands, and ‘right hand’ rings are just a few examples of our stock.’
- ‘Please drop in to see our wide selection of diamond earrings, necklaces, pendants, bracelets, dinner rings, and brooches’
- ‘This was a cocktail or dinner ring, worn out in the evening.’
- ‘This enchanting treasure is styled to pair with Belais wedding bands and is accordingly much narrower than the legendary maker's elaborately filigreed settings for dinner rings.’
- ‘Shop for diamond or Moissanite engagement, wedding, anniversary or dinner rings, earrings or pendants in gold or platinum.’
- ‘We have solitaires, elegant dinner rings, bold, wide band ring styles and more.’
- ‘Most sapphire rings were big gold dinner rings, or were paired with large diamonds.’
- ‘Thieves made off with an Apple iBook laptop, a digital camera, an amethyst dinner ring inherited from Todd's grandmother and the iPod.’
- ‘I am considering a dinner ring in 14K gold with 5 pear shaped diamonds on the top and several baguettes on the sides.’
- ‘In addition to wedding bands and diamond engagement rings, catalogs for the trade and for the public offered specialty rings for babies and for young girls, signet and graduation rings for men, and dinner rings for women.’
- ‘While the resident was distracted, police believe a second suspect snuck into the house, cracked a security box and stole her pendant, pin and dinner rings.’
- ‘Art Deco in design, this topaz 10K gold dinner ring is stunning!’
- ‘When you walk into the room wearing this exquisite tigers eye dinner ring, that's where everyone's going to think you've been.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.