One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Mike leans back and chuckles, and everyone joins in, sipping hot, sweet coffee gratefully in the chill of the a/c, in the musty dinginess of the club before opening time.’
- ‘There was cat hair everywhere, and there was just a general dinginess.’
- ‘The geeky mayhem is played out in scenes of deepest American dinginess: checked couches, hanging crystals, bad hair dye, dim clutter.’
- ‘Under these circumstances both cities are at their most abstractly lovely, with the dinginess and decay invisible and human life represented only by parked cars and electric lights.’
- ‘While in the daytime it looked just kept enough to be scruffy, the thick cool of the night hid its dinginess and transformed it into something almost beautiful.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.