One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A colorless liquid used as a solvent and synthetic reagent. It is readily able to penetrate the skin and is used in medicinal preparations for skin application.
Chemical formula: (CH₃)₂SO
- ‘The polar chemical dimethyl sulfoxide is a widely used reagent in cell biology.’
- ‘Water insoluble compounds were given as a solution in dimethyl sulphoxide.’
- ‘The aim of this study is to explore the fascinating suggestion that structural differences can be induced in hypericin by changing the solvent from a commonly used solvent such as dimethyl sulfoxide to tetrahydrofuran.’
- ‘Dermal exposure of ricin is of little concern because the absorption amount is insignificant unless it is enhanced with a strong solvent such as dimethyl sulfoxide.’
- ‘Although few studies have centered on the effects of hospital smells, one examined the effects of the odor of dimethyl sulfoxide in an oncology unit.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.