One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Combine with a similar molecule to form a dimer.‘ClO dimerizes to form Cl₂O₂’
- ‘Sulfonated phthalocyanines are well known to dimerize in aqueous solution.’
- ‘On storage, the enzyme dimerizes due to disulfide formation.’
- ‘It prevents the protein from dimerizing or from binding to its DNA target sites.’
- ‘Most of the free probe had dimerized via disulfide bond cross-linking, yielding a spectrum with five lines and alternating linewidths.’
- ‘On the other hand, the viologen radical cation has a tendency to dimerize in a polar solution because of the poor hydrophilicity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.