Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Combine with a similar molecule to form a dimer.‘ClO dimerizes to form Cl₂O₂’
- ‘It prevents the protein from dimerizing or from binding to its DNA target sites.’
- ‘On storage, the enzyme dimerizes due to disulfide formation.’
- ‘Sulfonated phthalocyanines are well known to dimerize in aqueous solution.’
- ‘On the other hand, the viologen radical cation has a tendency to dimerize in a polar solution because of the poor hydrophilicity.’
- ‘Most of the free probe had dimerized via disulfide bond cross-linking, yielding a spectrum with five lines and alternating linewidths.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.