Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Combine with a similar molecule to form a dimer.‘ClO dimerizes to form Cl₂O₂’
- ‘Most of the free probe had dimerized via disulfide bond cross-linking, yielding a spectrum with five lines and alternating linewidths.’
- ‘On storage, the enzyme dimerizes due to disulfide formation.’
- ‘On the other hand, the viologen radical cation has a tendency to dimerize in a polar solution because of the poor hydrophilicity.’
- ‘It prevents the protein from dimerizing or from binding to its DNA target sites.’
- ‘Sulfonated phthalocyanines are well known to dimerize in aqueous solution.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.