One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for diluvial
- ‘In this diluvian world the little church where grandmother used to sing in the choir is a source merely of unwelcome and finally fatal intrusions.’
- ‘Another commentator, the Malbim, explains the shift from a physical perspective: The post-diluvian era was marked by a general weakening of the human condition.’
- ‘I suppose putting them at work wasn't such a bad idea, living in an old church brings to mind ancient floods, and I'm sure there's more than a shred of truth in the story behind the biblical diluvian fantasy.’
- ‘Four large-scale paintings, representing his third solo exhibition there (over an eight-year period), consumed the wall space of a smallish room with an unorthodox elucidation of his diluvian subject.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.