One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The two share a certain dilettantism; a belief that the job is somehow their birthright and that they don't really have to fight for it.’
- ‘I'd like to find a way of fulfilling some of my language-learning ambitions in a way other than dilettantism.’
- ‘The logic employed in the piece is precisely the sort of weekend-warrior dilettantism you'd expect.’
- ‘Some minimise the two men's enthusiasms by presenting them as just an extreme form of identity-seeking dilettantism.’
- ‘Pop-star activism is commonly derided as egotism and/or dilettantism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.