One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This reader devoted to the great writer therefore appealingly begins with his later work, when he is in full, digressively brilliant voice writing about Paris.’
- ‘There are stretches where one of his characters speaks or thinks so digressively and apparently irrelevantly that it can be a chore to keep reading.’
- ‘Even while he appears to be ambling digressively, he sets a stiff pace; there are few concessions to readers wanting assumptions restated or conclusions underlined.’
- ‘Whether digressively or directly, at a walk or at a run, the motion is on the ground and by foot, putting its weight part by part onto the terrain to be covered.’
- ‘As if in homage to eclectic early modern works, he includes a wide range of topics, allowing his narrative to lose focus as he digressively follows biographical and historical threads.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.